A rewarding opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced, proactive Medical Writer or Senior Medical Writer to join tranScrip.
This is a busy role with an extremely varied workload, which will include client facing writing projects and requires a flexible person who is able to adapt their priorities.
Working for a flexible and innovative organisation with opportunities to maintain or grow skills in the rapidly changing pharmaceutical medicine environment.
tranScrip is an almost unique organisation environment with opportunities for considerable reward and also a strong duty of care in terms of continuing professional development.
- Location: Reading (office-based, occassional home-working a possibility for the right candidate)
- Job Role: Experienced Medical Writer (2 years minimum)/ Highly experienced Senior Medical Writer (5 years minimum)
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: Generous salary
- Prepare a wide range of documents including regulatory dossier elements, protocols, clinical study reports, briefing books, investigator brochures, manuscripts, posters, abstracts, monographs etc.
- Some medical communication work may also be required
- Senior Medical Writer will also project manage some writing projects
- Be able to understand and interpret study designs and clinical trial data
- Be able to multi-task, usually working on more than one project at any point in time
- Work with a wide variety of Clients and tranScrip therapeutic and development teams
- Frequently interact directly with clients and project teams
- Provide support both for the Head of Medical Writing, to Partners and other tranScrip staff
- Provide training to the Partnership
- Assist project teams and colleagues on a planned or ad hoc basis
- Senior Medical Writer will train and mentor junior members of the team
- Medical Writer will have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a medical writer, in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, ideally in a CRO or consultancy environment
- Senior Medical Writer will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Regulatory Medical Writer in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, ideally in a CRO or consultancy environment
- Proven track record in preparing clinical and regulatory documents with minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of local and national guidance and regulations relevant to medical and regulatory writing
- High level of IT literacy (particularly with Microsoft Office suite)
- Proficient use of Endnote and internet searches including PubMed and advantage
- English speaker with excellent written and verbal English
- Pro-active, with excellent time management, project management and planning skills
- Flexible and willing to adapt, in a fast-changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills and team-working capabilities
- Self-motivated in both terms of personal development and project work
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to travel, if needed
You can apply directly online or by sending your CV with a short cover letter to email@example.com