Delivering UK strategic advantage in science and technology
In June 2021, the Prime Minister announced the creation of a new Office for Science and Technology Strategy (OSTS) and National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), with Sir Patrick Vallance taking up the new role of National Technology Adviser (NTA).
In this keynote speech, Sir Patrick introduces his new role and the OSTS to the research and innovation community, followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A.
This event was the start of an ongoing exchange between OSTS and the research and innovation community on UK strategic advantage, what it means for research and innovation, and the challenges and opportunities it presents.
Hosted by the National Academies: The Academy of Medical Sciences, The British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering, and The Royal Society.
- Sir Adrian Smith, President, Royal Society
- Sir Patrick Vallance, Government Chief Scientific Advisor
- Dr Flic Gabbay, President, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine and Senior Partner, tranScrip
- Professor Rana Mitter, Professor of the History and Politics of Modern China, University of Oxford
- Dr Ilana Wisby, CEO, Oxford Quantum Circuits