tranScrip is a leading life science consultancy that provides specialist support to pharma and biotech companies in the development and lifecycle of medicines. We are looking for full and part-time Medical Writers with a range of experience to join our rapidly expanding business. You will be working on multiple client-facing projects as part of a multi-disciplinary team of tranScrip subject matter experts, and client and vendor staff.
At tranScrip, thinking differently about careers is in our DNA. We offer a flexible environment where remote working is the norm and working hours can be customised to suit a variety of lifestyles. There is considerable opportunity for career development in a growing business, supported by a generous individual Continuous Professional Development (CDP) package. Our reward package is also unique, with a market benchmarked base salary and opportunities for enhanced earnings with our variable remuneration structure, plus an annual bonus plan and long-term incentives.
Do you want to think differently about careers too? Whether you’re an experienced medical writer or are looking for your first medical writing position, there’s a role at tranScrip for you. We can offer full training and we pay a £5,000 sign-on bonus to successful candidates who join as a result of applying directly (i.e. not via a recruitment agency). Read on to find out more about the role, and apply today.
- Work with a wide variety of Clients and tranScrip colleagues to advise on and deliver medical writing expertise for client projects across a range of therapy areas
- Preparing a wide range of documents including regulatory dossier elements, protocols, clinical study reports, briefing books, investigator brochures, manuscripts, posters, abstracts, monographs etc.
- Performing background literature research, and interpreting study designs and clinical trial data
- Act as point of contact for document content for client and project teams
- Provide support to medical writing and project team colleagues as required
- Opportunities to project manage some writing projects, and to train and mentor junior members of the team, are available for the right candidates.
Experienced medical writers will [typically] have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a regulatory/medical writer in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry; experience in a CRO environment would be advantageous
- Track record in delivering high quality, medically and scientifically accurate documentation in support of regulatory applications
- Experience in a wide range of indications would be advantageous
- Proven track record in preparing clinical and regulatory documents without supervision
- Strong knowledge of local and national guidance and regulations relevant to medical and regulatory writing
- Excellent written English literacy skills
- Excellent level of IT literacy (particularly with Microsoft Office suite)
- Proficient use of Endnote and internet searches including PubMed would be an advantage
No formal medical writing experience is necessary for the right candidate as full training can be provided, however candidates must have experience in drug development in an entry-level role (e.g. a CRA) as a minimum and be familiar with regulatory documents.
- Life science degree
- English speaker with excellent written and verbal English
tranScrip offers a competitive reward package, which includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunities for enhanced earnings via our unique variable remuneration structure
- Bonus scheme
- Permanent contract of employment
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Full and part-time opportunities available
- Training provided
- Pension scheme, with a 5% employer contribution (matched)
- Long term incentives
- Group Life Assurance
- Private health insurance and travel insurance
- Eye care support
- Annual flu vaccination
- Strong focus on CPD, with a generous individual package of financial support and time dedicated to development
- Career progression in a rapidly expanding organisation
- A fun team, and regular opportunities to socialise with colleagues
- Working for a business with a strong social conscience, supporting local and international charities
The position will be home-based, preferably in the UK, with periodic visits to our offices in Winnersh. Occasional travel to clients’ or tranScrip’s offices may be required.
You can apply directly online or by sending your CV with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org