An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced, proactive Senior Medical Writer or Medical Writer to join TranScrip Partners LLP; a rapidly expanding contract drug development company based in Reading.
This is a busy role with an extremely varied workload, which will include managing writing projects and requires a flexible person who is able to adapt priorities.
Reading (office-based but some home-working a possibility for the right candidate)
Highly experienced medical writer (5 years minimum)
The successful applicant will:
- Prepare a wide range of documents including regulatory dossier elements, protocols, clinical study reports, briefing books, investigator brochures, manuscripts, posters, abstracts, monographs etc.
- Be able to understand and interpret study designs and clinical trial data
- Be able to multi-task, usually working on more than one project at any point in time
- Work with a wide variety of Clients and TranScrip therapeutic and development teams
- Frequently interact directly with clients and project teams
- Provide support both for the Head of Medical Writing, to Partners and other TranScrip staff
- Provide training to the Partnership
- Assist project teams and colleagues on a planned or ad hoc basis
- Mentor junior members of the team
- BSc (or higher) in life science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Regulatory Medical Writer in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, ideally in a CRO or consultancy environment
- Proven track record in preparing clinical and regulatory documents with minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of local and national guidance and regulations relevant to medical and regulatory writing
- English speaker with excellent written and verbal English (to be tested)
- Flexible and willing to adapt, in a fast-changing environment
- Pro-active, with excellent time management, project management and planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team-working capabilities
- High level of IT literacy (particularly with Microsoft Office suite)
- Self-motivated in both terms of personal development and project work
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to travel, if needed
This is a fantastic opportunity within a rapidly expanding Partnership offering excellent benefits including competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare and training/development opportunities.
TranScrip Partners is a friendly and professional company based in a busy business park with excellent travel links to Reading train station.
***Please note that the first deadline for applications is 19th March 2019***
***We are unable to accept VISA applications for this role and all applicants for this job must be legally entitled to work in the UK ***