What are the career prospects at TranScrip?
What can I expect in my career?
- Staff are expected to extend and maintain their cutting edge knowledge and where ever possible lead the development of scientific knowledge and current industry practice, with each person having access to an allowance to spend on international working parties, conferences or training. Work is not everything and cohesion is maintained within a geographically dispersed organisation by the monthly meetings and parties, charitable events etc.
- TranScrip is a rapidly growing organisation both within the UK and geographically and is also developing its functional reach providing lots of opportunities for career growth at all levels.
How does TranScrip operate?
- TranScrip has all the normal governance structures in place, as it would be expected for any company – a Chairman and a Board, a Managing Partner and Management Team, Finance Department, Project Management and Quality Assurance systems, etc.
- Therapeutic area and functional teams group together to run the different therapeutic (e.g. Infectious Diseases, Oncology, Respiratory, etc) and functional (e.g. Regulatory and Drug Safety) activities as business units supported by the business development, project management and finance functions of the organisation
- Continuing professional development and re-validation is given strong emphasis and all staff are expected to stay up to date with the current regulations and therapeutic skills
- All staff are covered by TranScrip’s professional insurance
- TranScrip is inspected by regulatory agencies as a normal CRO so quality systems play an important role in our daily work.
What kind of projects does TranScrip do?
- Projects are very varied in content and size, so teams may consist of one individual or many partners and employees. Projects can have duration ranging from hours for ad hoc advice to years, in cases of complex regulatory or drug development activities
- Critical to TranScrip’s clients is consistency and continuity of support and TranScrip is proud of the fact that staff turnover is minimal; a testimonial to its ability to bring like-minded people together and keep them happy and fulfilled
- Projects come from all over the world and cover the whole of product lifecycle from preclinical research to full development, registration and post-licensing activities.
The difference between TranScrip and its competitors is fundamental at many levels and derives from our unique structure. TranScrip believes the unique character of its organisation is a way forward to maintain the efficiency in the world of pharmaceuticals, where drug development and marketing is conducted by a myriad of players all struggling to contain the colossal expense of fixed overheads of skilled professionals in every sector.