tranScrip is a leading contract drug development organisation which supports the development and lifecycle of medicines.
We bring innovative solutions to pharma and biotech companies global drug development needs. From translational medicine through to registration and post licencing, we deliver both strategic leadership and operational execution of development programmes, covering clinical, regulatory, drug safety, and commercial elements.
tranScrip aspires to be a destination organisation for passionate innovators, talented problem solvers and determined deliverers in the life sciences sector, providing challenging and rewarding careers for those with successful track records and those who aspire to achieve them.
Transparency, flexibility and continuing professional development are at the core of our operating model, complemented by opportunities for considerable reward.
The Business Development Director will be involved in commercial strategy and business development of the company. The focus will be on supporting the growth, execution, and management of Business Development activities. This includes the attraction of significant new clients; management and growth within the existing client portfolio; marketing; sales; and service development to drive business growth.
Tasks will vary and may include:
- Build and Maintain relationships with clients & potential clients through regular proactive contact and meetings,
- Manage a portfolio of clients, and act as the lead point of contact for client questions and requests,
- Supports the Senior BD Director with building of new relationships within current/old clients and with new clients,
- Identifies potential business development opportunities in new, current, and old clients and ensures follow up with the client to pursue,
- Planning and attending key networking events, including conferences,
- Assisting Marketing with strategic and tactical input to their operations,
- Marketing tranScrip full portfolio of services,
- Supporting the Senior BDD with managing the portfolio of all client accounts,
- Acts as the lead point of contact for client questions through regular proactive contact and meetings,
- Acts as the lead point of contact for potential client questions during the sales process,
- Addresses contractual and client relationship issues including project change of scope, in collaboration with the PD,
- Ensures the right services/products are delivered to the client in a timely manner,
- Conducts regular (and end of) project review with the clients,
- Proposal writing.
- 5-10 years in a sales/consulting environment preferably within life sciences,
- Longstanding experience of working in the Pharma sector, preferably in multiple disciplines,
- Previous substantive BD experience within the service sector and proven success record in bringing in new and repeat business.
- Life science undergraduate degree or higher.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills,
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills,
- Excellent organisational skills,
- Good level of IT literacy,
- Flexible attitude towards working individually and part of a team.
tranScrip offers a competitive reward package, which includes:
- Permanent contract of employment,
- Competitive base salary,
- Bonus scheme,
- Pension scheme,
- Private health insurance and travel insurance,
- Strong focus on CPD,
- Career progression in a rapidly expanding organisation.
- The position will be home-based, preferably in the UK. Occasional travel to the tranScrip’s offices may be required,
- Travel may be required as client needs dictate,
- Conference attendance as required.
You can apply directly online or by sending your CV with a short cover letter to email@example.com